Broad Leaf Westside opened their Westside location recently!
All posts by Admin
Vandermill Cider Closes Taproom
Vandermill has closed there taproom to the public until at least Spring 2023, citing difficulties finding workers.
Küsterer Brauhaus Grand Opening Aug 16th
Küsterer Brauhaus has announced its grand opening will be August 16th, 2022! Add it to your calendar and get ready to drink some quality beers at the newest West Side beer hall in Grand Rapids.
First Gluten Free Brewery Nyx taproom now open!
Brewery Nyx has finally opened it’s gluten free taproom. It actually opened July 9th but I was on vacation and didn’t remember to post until today! Stop in and try a gluten free beer, let me know what you think.
St Patrick’s Day celebrations at Grand Rapids Breweries
Here’s a list of events and specials happening at the various breweries in Grand Rapids, 2022.
- 3 Gatos – Green beers, Irish Bangers & Mash, and Corned Beef & Cabbage
- Archival Brewing – Irish Red, ‘Connor Mac’ and our Irish Stout, ‘Murphy Mac’ or both on tap and on happy hour from 2pm-4pm
- Brass Ring Brewing – Open 10am, 17th. Irish Red. Bangers & Mash, Shepards Pie, Irish Stew, Corned Beef Sandwich, menu available until March 20th.
- Elk Brewing – All week until March 20th, All Pints of Dry Irish Stout, ‘Peryton’s Flight’ are $1 Off and GREEN ‘I’m a Leprechaun’ Pilsner will be $3 a Pint
- Hopcat – Rueben Rolls until March 20th
- Knickerbocker (New Holland) – Food: house-made corned beef sandwich and The Poet beef stew, Beer: Langered Dingwop, Spirits: Shamrock Shots, Fuzzy Leprechaun Green Slushee, and Irish Dragon Bomb Shots
- Lost Art Brewhouse – DOUBLE RUDY, GREEN STRIKER (limited), & GREEN DUNE CLIMBER (limited) will all be available for tap pours
- Michigan Moonshine Distillery – Opens Noon, Corned Beef & Sauerkraut Reuben Special
- Mitten Brewing Co – Irish pizza with corned beef, potatoes, and cabbage! Pairs well with superstition Irish stout on Nitro
- Perrin Brewing – $2 off Nitro Black Pints. Food specials include Reuben Rolls and the return of the Lucky Chucky Burger, an Irish staple at Perrin! This food special will start Thursday thru the weekend while supplies last.
- Railtown Brewing – Boiled Dinner: A traditional Irish feast…corned beef, redskin potatoes, carrots, and cabbage! Irish Totchos: They’re back! Crispy tater tots topped with corned beef and sauerkraut, smothered in Bike Ride beer cheese, house made maple Dijon and garnished with green onion.
- Rockford Brewery – St. Patty’s Day Festival happening at RORA! Festivities include: a pub crawl at participating downtown pubs, live music at Garden Park, putt putt golf, bag pipes, and more! RBC will have two Irish beers pouring, including O’Brien’s Irish Red, and Irish food specials!
- The Peoples Cider Co – Saint Patrick’s Day Extended Hours & a Collaboration with Two Scotts Barbecue Cider & Corned Beef Sandwiches 3:00-7:00
- Thornapple Brewery – Thornapple Car Bombs, Food Specials: Irish Sushi and Irish Beef Stew
- Wisemen Distillery – Thirsty Thursday at both Downtown Grand Rapids and Kentwood! $3.50 cans of Hard Seltzer!
Elk Brewing Comstock Park Closing
Elk Brewing is closing it’s Comstock Park location on January 16, 2022. Their original Wealthy St location will remain open and continue to serve all their beers. No reason for the closure was given.
Bob’s Brewery Closed
According to a facebook post, Bob’s Brewery appears to be closed and with the building sold to a new owner it may never open again….
3 Gatos Brewery Open NOw
3 Gatos Brewery opened in early July, 2021 at the location previously occupied by Kitzingen in Wyoming, MI. With well traveled international owners this brewery should produce some interesting beers and food for you to try.
Archival Brewing now open
Archival Brewing just opened in July, 2021! Featuring historic fermented drinks and food that compliments the brews this new brewery brings something new to Grand Rapids beer scene. With a new building on a beautiful property north of Grand Rapids, Archival Brewing is set to take off!
Raise a Glass Tours
Raise a glass beer tours is now offering private tours in Grand Rapids, MI
Bachelor/Bachelorette, Birthday, Company, and Couple parties this tour company is set to show you 3 breweries over 4 hours and it will include food and beer tasting along with the private transportation. It may not be the cheapest tour option in GR but they aren’t just shuffling you to the maximum breweries, instead you get time to enjoy the tastings and ride in comfort.